Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 XceedZip 5.0 Problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #41877 |

Hello.

Thank you for your support about XceedZip 4.5.

I solve that problem. 🙂

but…

I simply change 4.5 to 5.0 ActiveX control. and I didn’t change any code in my App.

4.5 works fine with BasePath, but 5.0 dose not..

Is there problem if I use 5.0 with 4.5 key?

and does 4.5 really support Bzip2 format? I could not open bz2 file with 4.5…

Thanks a lot.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by midmee (had 3084 views)

User (Old forums)

Xceed Zip Compression Library supports the Burrows-Wheeler algorithm, however, it does not support the bz2 file format. You could create a zip file (zip format) using Burrows-Wheeler compression, however you would not be able to create a bz2 file.

On the other hand, Xceed Streaming Compression Library is able to open bz2 file.

There is no problem in using Xceed Zip Compression Library 5.0 with a 4.5 license key. You will have access to everything beside the new features of Xceed Zip 5.0.

I do not know why you are getting an error using the BasePath property as this property has not changed at all between version 4.5 and version 5. I would recommend sending us a support request with your code snippet and the error that you are getting so we can troubleshoot this issue.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by PL (had 314 views)

User (Old forums)

I mean it doesn’t give me an error. Just it doesn’t work.

I just made a software that support zip compression, and it works fine with 4.5.
    And I just did “regsvr32 xceedzip.dll /u” for uninstalling 4.5, and “regsvr32 xceedzip.dll” for new 5.0.
    And then it just store full path of files.
    It means, 5.0 doesn’t work with basepath property.. it is same code..
    And I tried it with your sample, it doesn’t work either. It just store full path of file.
    Please check it.

as soon as it works, I will order UltimateSuite.
    Anyway, I am a registered user of Xceedzip and SFX. is there discount for upgrading to UltimateSuite?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by midmee (had 4036 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.