Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed FTP for ActiveX Windows 98 support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #42615 |

I am trying to distribute an application which uses the Xceed FTP library, v1.1.112.0 to a Windows 98 SE computer. When I try to register the library using regsvr32, I receive the error message, “DllRegisterServer in XceedFtp.dll failed. Return code was 0x80070002”.

I sent this question to support@xceedsoft.com on Monday 8th September, at 7:40 PM UK time. I am still waiting for a response. :@

According to your documentation, I do not need to distribute any other files with the application. However, the error message indicates that the library is unable to locate a file. Is there any way to use this component on a Windows 98 machine?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 3989 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Richard,

I am very sorry to hear you are having an issue with the Xceed FTP Library! The error you are describing has been corrected and the latest DLL is available on our update center:

<a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/download/updates.htm”>http://www.xceedsoft.com/download/updates.htm</a&gt;

I double checked our support database and you were sent the updated DLL on September 8th at 15:22:09 EST by Pierre-Luc Ledoux, your case # is 56030 and the file was sent as a .zip attachment.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences that this might have caused.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 389 views)

User (Old forums)

Jenny,

Thanks for letting me know. The updated version works perfectly.

Before the forum announcement on the 16th, the last email I received from Xceed was from Mathieu on 16th June. I presume the message from Pierre must be lost in your system somewhere.

Thanks,
    Richard

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 4944 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.