Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 What OSs must I register on??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #41838 |

We have a software application that uses the Xceed Zip Compression Library. For several versions of our software we have not included the code to register the XCeedZip object that we use – because we were unaware that we were supposed to use the “.Register” method. However, now we are having problem with an XP machine where it is requiring us to us the “.Register” method.

This leads me to the question of fixing the problem. When exactly do you need to use the “.Register” method?? Is it only on XP machines?? The more information I know about this, the less headache I will have in knowing who this might have effected – and who might need to run a service pack.

Thank you!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by pjflickinger (had 2924 views)

User (Old forums)

I figured it out! and it is a simple answer to a dumb question.

The problem is not XP-specific, it is all the OSs I install with.
    I traced the problem down to the fact that the new version of the EXE was compiled on someone else’s machine. So there is two possible solutions.

1) That person’s machine either did not have the XCeed library installed or registered
    2) they had it registered with a different License Key then I did – and I create the install – so the dll we repackaged for distribution did not match the License Key that must be compiled into the EXE.

Therefore, I do not really believe it is necessary to use the “.Register” method. It was just an error we received due to bad development.

Sorry for any headaches! Hopefully someone will learn from our mistakes.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by pjflickinger (had 320 views)

User (Old forums)

After speaking with Technical Support I found out that I am using an earlier version of XCeedZip.dll that does not require the “.Register” method to be used.

So don’t assume that you don’t need to use the “.Register” method – just because I don’t.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by pjflickinger (had 4193 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.