Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 VB Zip example not zip compatible

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #41823 |

I’ve played with the VB ZipManager example an multiple ZIP files.
    I’m not able to open then created multiple Zip files with Winzip or Total-Commander.
    If I use other Zip-Tools to create multiple ZIP files, I have no problems to open these files with Winzip.

Is it possible, that the Xcced Zip component don’t create Winzip compatible muliti ZIP files?

Dirk

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by judgy (had 4793 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Dirk,

This is normal behavior. The SplitSize property is native to the Xceed Zip control. You will only be able to extract the contents of the split zip file using the Xceed Zip Compression Library (v4.x).

For a possible workaround, please refer to the following knowledge base article:

http://www.xceedsoft.com/kb/result.asp?id=138

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 490 views)

User (Old forums)

Jenny,

thanks for the workaround.
    Why don’t you use the standard format of Winzip?
    The way you use the split-property seems to be propretary, isn’t it?
    At least WinZip is something like a standard and my customer won’ t to have something compatible with it to be independent (if necessary).
    Now I have always check if the splitted zip-file is a Winzip compatible zip-file or a Xceed splitted zip file …

Dirk

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by judgy (had 529 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Dirk,

We understand your situation and already have a feature request to add support for the WinZip split format in a future possible release of Xceed Zip.

The .NET version of Xceed Zip already has this feature built-in.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 497 views)

User (Old forums)

For your information, the reason it’s not compatible is because we implemented it before being aware than WinZip implemented its own standard.

Worse, PkZip did its own standard too, so there are three naming conventions around that I’m aware of.

It is in our feature request list to support all three in the ActiveX in a future version. The .NET version already supports all three.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 5909 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.