Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed FTP for ActiveX Timeout for send file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #42678 |

HI! I need some help I think, to decide will I use Xceed Ftp Library for my project or won’t. I downloaded trial version Xceed FTP Library and wrote simple application on Delphi7. This is a multithreaded application and I create xFtp instances dynamically. There is no problems except the one. I use Serv-U server as FTP Server on standalone machine. The FTP user has limit by upload speed 2Kb. (I have to check ftp-client’s ability works on bad and slow channels) When I upload file on server I get the error “An error occured while receiving a reply line from the FTP server” after about 90 seconds, but I can see that the file continues to upload on server, though my programm has handled an exception and is ready to do the next command. What I do wrong? Is this possible to control timeout period?

Thank you in advance!

Konstantin Gorbunov

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kogor01 (had 4120 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello kogor01.

This error should not have happen. Can you send to <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail> a sample application that reproduces this error, and information on how to obtain and install this particuliar FTP server?

Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 302 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Martin
    I tried two ftp servers for windows: http://www.serv-u.com v5.0 and http://www.bpftpserver.com with default configuration. I set servers’s maximum upload speed to 2Kb and then uploaded file with size 200Kb. I got the error “An error occured while receiving a reply line from the FTP server” in both cases after about 100s. I tried another speed too with the same result. When I failed in with my application I compiled the sample from Documentation. I got the same error. If I don’t limit upload speed , everything is fine.

Thank you

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kogor01 (had 4208 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.