Home Forums ActiveX components Other ActiveX components Tab control limitations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #43239 |

I have been looking at the demo of the SmartUI tab control to see if it will do what i’m hoping it will. The demo assigns a picture box to the tab, and I have 2 questions about this method:

1: I tried assigning another 3rd party control to the tab instead of a picture, and it worked when first viewing the tab, then the tab went black on further views, does Smart UI only work with pictures or is it more likely that it is a problem with the 3rd party control? (putting the control in a picture works fine, so it isn’t a problem, I just wanted to check.).

2: Is it possible to assign a control to a tab that is on another form? If so, how?
    From the demo I tried many combinations of:

SmartUIContainer(“ADD_REMOVE”).Value = “form1.Picture1”
    SmartUIContainer(“ADD_REMOVE”).Value = form1.”Picture1″
    SmartUIContainer(“ADD_REMOVE”).Value = form1.Picture1

etc, but I couldn’t seemt to make it work. Alternatively, could I add a dynamically created control to the form?

Any help on any of the above would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Phil

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by philjeary (had 4839 views)

User (Old forums)

Alternatively, is it possible to assign a whole form to a container?

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by philjeary (had 391 views)

User (Old forums)

I think i’ve worked out a way round my problem, however, i’d like to know if it’s possible to assign a member of an array to a tab?

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by philjeary (had 394 views)

User (Old forums)

For some reason I didnt think passing it the same way it was defined would work:
    frm.SmartUIContainer(“Estab”).Value = “TabFrame(0)”

All sorted.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by philjeary (had 5148 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.