Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms SummaryCell or ValueCell – Need text and calc in cell

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

BTW, I have made another sample application using a DataSet like you suggested earlier, and it still works fine, even when adding rows which creates a new group, and even when scrolling “franticly”.

I have attached it to the thread. Note that it is still a bound grid, though it is called Summary_Value_Unbound.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 716 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok this project doesn’t always work on my PC. I found that using the mouse, drag the scroll button right to the bottom and then up again sometimes “breaks things”. If it doesn’t happen after about 3 tries it seems it won’t and stop and start debuging again. I will investigate this app a bit more but it’s causing the problem. I have however found that it sometimes takes about 15-20 restarts with no problems + closing and opening VS. It’s a real tricky one ..

Testing on: 

Vista Business, SP1, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Latest XCeed grid

Will test on several XP and Vista PC’s.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Comodo (had 613 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve tried on several pc’s now and getting same error. I don’t think it has to do with above but is a painting issue – I might be wrong.

Also now tried in winButton1_Click

dataSet1.Tables[ “Table1” ].AcceptChanges();

because I need to do this in my app sometimes instead of

ADataRow.AcceptChanges();

for each row and this results in

{“An attempt was made to create a cell when its parent row is not part of a grid.”}

when we do

valueRow.Cells[ “Column2” ].Value = sumRow.Cells[ “Column2” ].Value;

in Application_Idle

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Comodo (had 797 views)

User (Old forums)

Have you tested this in release mode, or only in debug mode?  When testing on other PC’s, do you simply deploy your application along with the necessary grid’s dlls, running it outside Visual Studio?  The issue could be related to the debugger.

For the exception, what happens is that when calling AcceptChanges() on the entire DataSet, this sends a reset to the grid, which clears and recreates everything.  Thus the instance of the row you try to access is not part of the gird anymore, since this instance was cleared and a new one was created by the reset sent to the grid by the DataSet.  Remember that this row is accessed through a reference to a group that was kept before the call to AcceptChanges().

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1647 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.