Xceed SupportMemberMay 21, 2010 at 9:14 amPost count: 5658
From time to time, we will post beta builds of an upcoming service release here. We will do so if we feel the included bug fixes will affect and interest a significant number of clients.
You can be automatically notified of new beta builds by clicking the ‘Enable Email Subscription’ button above.
The beta builds are removed once they become the general release.
Although these builds are tested and fully functional, use them at your own risk. They are not full releases and only contain the component assemblies.
Below is a list of changes included in this beta build. If you’re affected by one of the issues below, download the beta version to see if it resolves your issue:
- Added support for the File eXchange Protocol (FXP). Files can now be transferred from server to server without transiting through the client. 
- Added support of Listings for Machine Processing (MLST and MLSD) commands if the server supports these commands. This allows precise interpretations of file names, dates, etc. 
A general release is scheduled for the week of September 15th 2014.
You can get the beta build for version 4.7, which targets the .NET framework 2.0/3.5 here:
You can get the beta build for version 5.5, which targets the .NET framework 4.0 here:
You can always get the official full release on the main website. But that release does not contain the fixes described here.
Known issues being worked on
- None at this time.
Explanation of version numbers
- http://Ftp.NET 4.7 Stable. For .NET Framework v2.0 to v3.5.
- http://Ftp.NET 5.5 Exact same code as v4.7 but compiled for .NET Framework 4.0. Any bug in v4.7 is present is v5.5. Any bug fix in v4.7 will also fix v5.5.
Update history of this post
- August 18th 2014: Posted build 14418.0 for 4.7 and 5.5 for FXP support and machine listing support.
- March 24th 2013: Posted build 13174.0 for 4.5 and 5.3 for issue .
- November 29th 2012: Posted build 12579.0 for 4.4 and 5.2 for issue .
- May 25th 2011: Posted build Xceed.Ftp.4.3.11275.0 and Xceed.Ftp.5.1.11275.0 for issue .
- June 10th 2010: Service release 4.0.10304.10260 posted on the main website on June 7th. Removed beta builds.
- June 4th 2010: Posted build Xceed.Ftp.5.0.10304.0.
- June 3rd 2010: Posted build Xceed.Ftp.4.2.10303.0 for issue 134310.
- May 21th 2010: Posted build Xceed.Ftp.4.2.10270.0 for issue 133777.
Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 3605 views)Xceed SupportMemberMarch 24, 2013 at 2:29 pmPost count: 5658
Fixed a bug where the timeout value used was 30s when performing some
commands e.g. Authenticate() even when the Timeout property was set to a
Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 1469 views)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.