Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Encryption for ActiveX Problem Decrypting with HextoBinary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #42931 |

Ok… first of all, everything is written properly, & works if the Xceed Encoding Library 1.1 is removed. By this I mean that the string passed from the vb6 program to my ASP.net 2.0 registration page is successfull.

The page manipulates the passed string, & displays the result as an Un-Lock Key. The method used to break down, & form the Key from the passed string, is also known by the vb6 program. So it understands, & expresses it’s understanding by taking the resulting key, & reforming the original string from it.

So, whatever the string is that is passed to the page, will be manipulated, & sent back as a key, & the vb6 program will generate the original string from it.

*PROBLEM*
    Xceed on the other hand (Xceed Encoding Library 1.1), generates the original key (MemoryEncoding), & passes it to the page. It is successfully dealt with, & passed back from the page to the vb6 program, but when it gets to the Xceed routine to decrypt it back (after it now is presented with the original string it originally generated), it either displays a hord of question marks, Unicode type giberish, or nothing at all.

RSA encryption is used, & is set to “chained blocks”… the encryption key is over 100 characters long, & is comprised of spaces, special chars, numbers, common words, as well as rare slang like words.

Please help me asap.

Customers are being redirected due to this unfortunate situation.

Any real help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fddfdfdfdfdfdfdffddf (had 4867 views)

User (Old forums)

To make it simple enough to understand, I’d like a code sample useing SHA, chained blocks, 256 Keysize, Two-Fish, with an RFC-1423 Padding Method… that only demonstrates how to decrypt previously encrypted strings – A stand alone decryptor to decrypt anything that was encrypted via the same Key, & method.

Frustration has sustantiated it bearing on me because of this problem, & is affecting my work. Please respond.

I can’t afford to go postal. lol

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fddfdfdfdfdfdfdffddf (had 352 views)

User (Old forums)

I’m going to remove/delete the Xceed code, & re-write it :~. I have deadlines to meet, & realize that it was over the weekend that my post was entered, however, that dose not help my situation… I’m going to have to face the heat on this one.

I write Xceed Encryption stand-alone programs without problems… After thinking about this, I’ve concluded that it’s either:

the way I have the <em>BinaryToHex</em> / <em>HexToBinary </em>functions arranged,

because the Xceed Function is in a .bas module,

or because something somewhere is in the wrong place. >:-<

I will post my findings, & hope it is added to the Common Mistakes section of Xceed Forums…
    (<color=”red”><em>It would be nice to have such a place</em></color>) 😎

Thanks.

<i><mail>dtech@d-techzone.com</mail></i>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fddfdfdfdfdfdfdffddf (had 476 views)

User (Old forums)

The problem was resolve by the client ( he wrote to support about this issue). Here is a snippet of what he wrote :

*IT’S NOW WORKING!!!* All I remember doing is removing the Boolean “If
    xResult = ” from the license method in the Form_Initialize section, &
    copying the HexToBinary/BinaryToHex Functions to the bottom of the main form
    code, & removing the utility.bas file from the project.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 5319 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.