Home Forums ActiveX components Other ActiveX components Menu shadows on Win2k

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #43220 |

Greetings!

How can I enable the shadows to appear under Win2k? Coz I’ve noticed that whenever I run my program under VB6 (Win2k Platform) using SmartUI 2.0 Menu. I can’t see any shadow as shown on the help’s screen shots. Is this feature not visible under Win2k?

I had tried the SmartUI 2.0 Menus under WinXP and under that platform the shadow appeared. I was hoping I would be able to maximize the features of SmartUI 2.0 Menu under Win2k also and not just on WinXP alone.

Hope the concerned could help me out on this! TIA!

.shs

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by shs (had 4264 views)

User (Old forums)

According to me this is a XP feature and has nothing to do with SmartUI control.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by arnout (had 530 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes you are.

But have you heard about CodeJock’s Xtreme Suite? It’s also an ActiveX control for VB6. Using it you may also have an Office XP-like menus or even Office 2003-like menus having shadows even when you compile and run your VB Program under Win2k.

What I’ve noticed about SmartUI is, if you are running your program using SmartUI control to have an Office XP-like menus under Windows 2000 the drop down menu doesn’t have any shadows on it which is supposed to have. But when your program is run under WinXP the menu shadows will appear.

I was just confused, why this happens. I admit that Xceed SmartUI is easy to use rather than CodeJock XtremeSuite but XtremeSuite run fine on both platforms.

The reason I asked this is because I’d like to use SmartUI than XtremeSuite but the problem is, the menu doesn’t have any shadows…

I’ll put up a sample screen shot on my next post.

Anyway, tnx for the response.

.shs

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by shs (had 315 views)

User (Old forums)

Here’s the screen shot I was referring to…

http://www.gophilippines.net/Gap/__g/index.html

Hope that you could give me an info regardign this matter. And also hope to seek help from you guyz here. TIA!

.shs

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by shs (had 4700 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.