Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Grid empty after TabControl switch (bug?)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

It’s not version 1.2… (Jenny was referring to the work in progress of her working folders).

The latest service release for version 1.1 of the Xceed DataGrid for WPF is located in the newly release package with version 3.0.7273.12150

This package can be found at this address:

http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx?Lang=EN-CA

You can either dowload the full 72 Megs package or use the Web Installer to selectivelly install components.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 885 views)

User (Old forums)

thanks for the tip on the web installer 🙂

I am actually running the latest versions. I’ll have a go today using the sample data provided. I want to rule out potential problems with my collections. If the same issue appears using the sample data, I’ll let you know asap.

thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jack (had 571 views)

User (Old forums)

i can confirm that now the grid works properly on a tabitem 🙂 thanks for your help
    SOMETIMES the grid is still empty after a tabswitch, but maybe theres something wrong in my codebehind .. ill check that

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 439 views)

User (Old forums)

i still have one issue with the datagrid:

if i open my window with the datagrid on it, and switch back and forth between the tabitems, everything just works fine. but then if i reload my dataset from the database and switch between the tabitems a couple of times, suddenly the rows in the grid get empty (gridlines are still shown), except of the actual selected row, which is displayed correctly.
    if i reload the dataset another time, the rows are displayed correctly again.
    this only occurs SOMETIMES (sometimes after 2 switches after reloading the dataset, sometimes after 10 switches)

can somebody reproduce this, or does somebody have the same issue?

by the way: if the grid gets empty like mentioned above, sorting and grouping still works, except that the shown rows doesnt display any data

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 227 views)

User (Old forums)

ive writte a simple demo app which reproduces some of my issues .. if this could help the staff, just post your mail-adress so i can send it to you

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 310 views)

User (Old forums)

lol @ me

my problem was I was still using an old registration key. Once I updated to my new one all works fine.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jack (had 871 views)

User (Old forums)

yeah i already checked that too, but unfortunately im using the new key 🙂

@xceed staff, i could send you my demo-app to reproduce my issues ..

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 560 views)

User (Old forums)

ok.. seems like maybe the issues where my fault..
    i didnt realize that setting a width of a column overrides the displaymemberbinding..
    ive just set this and now everything seems to work better 🙂
    anyways sorry for the inconvenience

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 347 views)

User (Old forums)

🙁 i still have the issue with my grid getting empty after reloading the datasource and sorting a few columns..

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 225 views)

User (Old forums)

You can send it to support@xceedsoft.com simply mention this thread in the email with your repro.

Thank you !

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 844 views)

User (Old forums)

thank you matt .. email is on the way 🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 416 views)

User (Old forums)

I have a similar problem that only occurs with version 1.1, which I was trying in order to fix a display/filtering problem – stuff seems to be in the grid but it is invisible? I have the grid set up to show horizontal lines between items, and it seems to show the green lines for however many items might be supposed to be in the grid, but it does not display the items themselves. I wasn’t able to investigate further as I had to revert the changes to work on something else. The ItemsSource was refreshed in order to make the filtering happen.

In the previous version, it does not update the data grid with changes to the underlying data table that provides the data, except in some, unpredictable circumstances – the issue i am currently looking for a solution on.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie (had 626 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for sending the repro app!

Indeed, there seems to be a weird and intermittent problem with the datagrid when the datasource is updated.

We are looking into this and will try to get a fix out in a service release asap.

I’ll report our progress in this thread.

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 2804 views)

User (Old forums)

im glad to hear that 🙂 thank you

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 505 views)

User (Old forums)

can you give me a time-frame in which this service release will be published?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 648 views)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.