Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET GetFolderContents is returning Count zero

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

And FYI – foldercontents.Count = 1245.  So to summarize…

objFtpItemInfoList = objFtpClient.GetFolderContents()

returns a count of zero (objFtpItemInfoList.Count) yet GetRawFolderContents,also a method of the same objFtpClient object, is 100% accurate returning file names.

Thanks.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 551 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”André”]

You are using a quite old version.  Since you are in .NET 2.0, can you try our latest version (3.7) to see if it resolves the issue?  Reports from an other customer lets us think it does.

You can download it here :

http://xceed.com/Xredirect.aspx?url=http://download4.xceedsoft.com/Packages/3.2.8577.11540/XceedComponents.exe

[/quote]

I did not see this until now.  I will try this now.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 496 views)

User (Old forums)

These new dll’s did not make any difference.  Can you please suggest something else?  Thanks!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 505 views)

User (Old forums)

I just realized I had some errors.  Getting the new dll’s didnt go as smoothly as I had thought.  I am having trouble building the Windows Service with the new dlls.  Are there any instructions for upgrading and changing your projects that were using a previous version of the dll’s?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 631 views)

User (Old forums)

I have successfully rebuilt with the updated DLLs.  My problem now is that it is a windows service and when I try to start it I get “Could not start the xxx serice on Local Computer.  Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”  I am researching the cause of this error now.  (Hope you’re still listening…)

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 492 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”André”]

You are using a quite old version.  Since you are in .NET 2.0, can you try our latest version (3.7) to see if it resolves the issue?  Reports from an other customer lets us think it does.

You can download it here :

http://xceed.com/Xredirect.aspx?url=http://download4.xceedsoft.com/Packages/3.2.8577.11540/XceedComponents.exe

[/quote]

How do I go about obtaining the license for these dll’s?!  I just realized that has been my problem all afternoon:

<ServiceLog>
      <Error_Message>The license key used to license this Xceed product is not in a valid version range. To unlock this assembly, please make sure that you are using a valid or up-to-date license key.</Error_Message>
      <Custom_Message>Failed to initialize the service.</Custom_Message>
      <Execution_TimeStamp>2009-01-15T15:06:59.828125-05:00</Execution_TimeStamp>
      </ServiceLog>

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 696 views)

User (Old forums)

When you install the package, it generates trial license keys that you can use.  Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Xceed Component Licenser, and paste the FTP for .NET license key into your code.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 469 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you, and I want to apologize.  Count is zero because my filter is wrong.  So there really is no files.  My company doesn’t use source safe, and the code I was given to debug is not the same code that is running in production (well, the config file anyway – let’s hope not the code!) So as of this point, I have a production problem but have no idea why.  It may not even be anything to do with XceedFtp.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marlene (had 3215 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.