Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Generating reporting master/detail grid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #14861 |

Hi,

I’m trying to create report styles to suit my needs, but it seems there is no report elements that distinguish mastergrid and detailgrid elements. e.g When creating a new report style, the element Column Headers applies to both(master and detail grid) headers in the report, therefore I can’t set diferent column header colours for master and detail grid.

Also, Is it possible to set the detail grid columns’ width ? At this time, I am doing this in code, but that wouldn’t be a good solution as the user might want to define their own printing preferences.

Once master and detail grid seem to be managed by the same elements, I am unable to set page breaks and keepTogether properties, therefore my report just does not look good at this time. I thought Groups elements could cater for that, but it doesn’t work in this case.

Please let me know of a good solution for these issues.

Thanks,
    Lauro

GenerateReportForm reportForm = new GenerateReportForm(this.grid,@”c:\stylefolder”);
    reportForm.ShowDialog();

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by lauro.costa (had 1913 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi Lauro,

This initial edition of Xceed Grid with built-in reporting does not provide specific support for Master/Detail. That part was left to an upcoming edition, whose priorities are mainly chosen by user requests and posts such as yours. Currently, this feature is not in the pipeline for a release in the near-term.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 2588 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.