After a while I noticed this was actually global, not only happening in my app. I concluded it must be because of my global keyboard hook and soon thereafter found the culprit. A call to an unmanaged function in the Win32 API called ToAscii actually seems to consume the character and cause this odd behaviour. Since I don’t actually NEED the character right now I just commented out the call and sent null as event args. Now everything seems to be working peachy.
The reason I thought this might have been a bug with textboxes is that in this project I’m only using Xceed textboxes, and in another I’m not. The xceed project had this problem where the other did not. Now we know why.
Imported from legacy forums. Posted by macke (had 3615 views)