Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms How to determine the Index of the Row at which the cursor is located on Xceed grid for .Net Reply To: How to determine the Index of the Row at which the cursor is located on Xceed grid for .Net

User (Old forums)

I cannot reproduce your issue here, the CurrentRowChanged gets fired all the time.  I don’t understand what you by “In my case neither the row nor the cell are selected”.  For Up/Down arrows to work, the grid must have the focus, thus a row or cell must be selected.  How is your grid set up?

It is possible there is an exception which is swallowed by the grid or the .NET framework, which may explain the issue you are having. 

For trapping exceptions, you need to set the debugger to break on all exceptions.  Go to Debug Menu -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exceptions, and select “Thrown” CheckBox.

Also make sure the “Enable Just My Code” CheckBox is unselected (Tools Menu -> Options -> Debugging -> General) if you’re using VS 2005 or up.

This will make sure that no exceptions are swallowed by the grid or the framework, and that the debugger will break in any part of the code, not just yours.  It should give you the necessary information to make your code work.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2262 views)