Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Creating an ComboxEditor Reply To: Creating an ComboxEditor

User (Old forums)

There is probably an exception occurring that is swallowed by the grid or the .NET framework.  Is the debugger set to break on all exceptions? (Debug Menu -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exception, then select select the “Thrown” CheckBox).

Verify the “Enable Just My Code” CheckBox is unselected (Tools Menu -> Options -> Debugging -> General).

This will make sure that no exceptions are swallowed by the grid or the framework, and that the debugger will break in any part of the code, not just yours.

I have also made a small sample that works fine here when binding to a List<>, based on a class containing 2 properties (Value and Description).  Here is the code :

private static List<CustomComboBoxItem> list;

private static List<CustomComboBoxItem> list;

private void Form1_Load( object sender, EventArgs e )
    {
      list = new List<CustomComboBoxItem>();

for( int i = 0; i < 10; i++ )
      {
        list.Add( new CustomComboBoxItem( i, “item number ” + i.ToString() ) );
      }

ComboBoxEditor editor = new ComboBoxEditor( list, “”, “Value”, “%Description%” );
      gridControl1.Columns[ 0 ].CellEditorManager = editor;
      ComboBoxViewer viewer = new ComboBoxViewer( list, “”, “Value”, “%Description%” );
      gridControl1.Columns[ 0 ].CellViewerManager = viewer;
    }

public class CustomComboBoxItem
  {
    private int m_Value;
    private string m_Description;

public CustomComboBoxItem( int value, string description )
    {
      m_Value = value;
      m_Description = description;
    }

public int Value
    {
      get { return m_Value; }
      set { m_Value = value; }
    }

public string Description
    {
      get { return m_Description; }
      set { m_Description = value; }
    }
  }

I suggest you try it, and then compare it to your own project to try to identify the differences, and hopefully the problem.  I have attached a sample project using this code to the post.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3391 views)