Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Virtual Mode and AddingDataRow Reply To: Virtual Mode and AddingDataRow

User (Old forums)

Interesting, that mostly works. Its an interesting solution.  (Probably would be better than the paint event in most cases).

However, their appears to be a bug in the Xceed grid somewhere — something is apparently causing the ValueChanged event to fire on the wrong row while scrolling.  It keeps wanting to like fire on 1 or 2 rows from the _end_ of the table.   So, my paging table loads page 1, then page 689, then page 1, 689, 1 ….  Then as I scroll it loads page 2, then page 689, then page 2, then 689, then page 2….  Causes some really bad performance…   The grid is virtual since I have something like 34440 records.  Each Page loaded in batches of 50. 

If I’m tied to the OnPaint request I only see Page 1/2/3/4 in sequence (as expected); but if I tie onto the ValueChanged event, I see that last page trying to be loaded almost like it was trying to show that last row on every scroll down request.

btw, my event is exactly like yours; it is

if (cell.value > 0) { cell.ParentRow.Font = new Font(cell.ParentRow.Font, font.strikethrough) }

rather than the color.   

Nathan.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nathanael (had 536 views)