Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Xceed Grid + SmartToolbar = System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException Reply To: Xceed Grid + SmartToolbar = System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

User (Old forums)

Not certain if anyone did manage to replicate the error or not.  I had a look into the Inner Exception and found the error may have occurred during data type conversion from string to numeric.  Initially, I thought it was just my program that’s playing up.  Thus, I decided to hunt for a simple program from the website.  I added a button and a toolbar to the winform as usual.  I included the following codes in the click event on the tool and button:

Try
            Dim mAllValid As Boolean = True  ‘Variable holding the validation result

‘ Completes the insertion row data entry

If CType(Me.InsertionRow1, Xceed.Grid.InsertionRow).IsBeingEdited Then
                CType(Me.InsertionRow1, Xceed.Grid.InsertionRow).EndEdit()
            End If

‘ Hides the Insertion Row

Me.InsertionRow1.Visible = False

‘Validates the current data row in modification and terminates edit mode.

If TypeOf Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow Is Xceed.Grid.DataRow Then
                If CType(Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow, Xceed.Grid.DataRow).IsBeingEdited Then

‘ The program failed on the following line
                    mAllValid = mAllValid And ValidationProvider1.Validate(CType(Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow, Xceed.Grid.DataRow), True, False)

If mAllValid Then CType(Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow, Xceed.Grid.DataRow).EndEdit()
                End If
            End If

‘ If data in grid passed all validation, the object gets saved.
        Catch ex As Exception
            Stop
        End Try

The is very much the same as the code I used in my own proggy. After a few modifications in the data shown in the grid and a click of either the tool button or winbutton, the exact same error occurred.  Based on this, I could only guess that the problem may have been caused by the Validation Provider itself.  As to why it happens, I would have no idea at all. 

In my program, I am using this configuration as a lookup with one column holding a unique ID key (integer) and another description field with string datatype.  This should be the simplest configuration I could come up with for testing purposes. 

Hopefully, this may give you some more info on the exception.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by James (had 745 views)