Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 xfaReparsePoint don’t work?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #42328 |

Hello,

the ExcludedFileAttributes property don’t work with xfaReparsePoint (on Vista) why?

IO_REPARSE_TAG_MOUNT_POINT folder will be saved/zip even though the xfaReparsePoint is set. What am I doing wrong?

MFG: Andreas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Andreas (had 4657 views)

User (Old forums)

You cannot exclude a folder’s contents through the use of the ExcludedFileAttributes property. It will only exclude the folder entry in the zip file. The folder’s contents will still be processed.

If we understand correctly what you’re trying to do here, you would like the library to offer properties like RequiredFolderAttributes and ExcludedFolderAttributes so as to include/exclude the folder entry AND its content from the archive if the folder has the specified attributes set.

We will add this to our list of possible features to implement.

In the mean time, you could implement this yourself in the ZipPreprocessingFile event by calling Windows API functions to determine if the current file is a child of a folder which is a reparse mount point and exclude it if so.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1011 views)

User (Old forums)

i have the same problem with symbolic link folders under vista. i dont want to process folders that link to another folder. this always results in error 328 (A file was skipped because its resulting filename on disk would exceed 260 characters) because it runs into a loop. Do you have any news about the skipping feature for folders?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Max (had 3765 views)

User (Old forums)

It has still not been added to our library, but it has been decided that it will be, so it should become available within the next few months.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3004 views)

User (Old forums)

Any news about this feature? Does the current release 3.2.9175 support this feature?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Max (had 3128 views)

User (Old forums)

OLD thread but I still don’t see this option in the current version, 3 years later.  I already posted a similar question like a year or two ago and never got an answer, but at the time I didn’t know aobut the ExcludedFileAttributes property.  Then I found that was excited to try it, only to also find that it doesn’t do what I want.

I DESPRATELY want to stop xceedzip from trying to process anything under the reparse points that Microsoft put on Windows Vista and Windows 7 default installs!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Cory (had 742 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Please refer to the following thread: http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/32736.aspx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 1540 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.