Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Xceed.Ftp.FtpIOException Error 10014

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #12442 |

NEED URGENT HELP:
    We have utilized your xceed products for some time now. The problems is with the component xceed.ftp.dll

We have over 400 clients this is happening to 2% of clients when connecting to FTP.

What’s been done:
    – Delete all references to Xceed (including registry) and rebuilt
    – Checked all winsock errors
    – Ran application with both Firewall and antivirus protection disabled
    – Validated access to particular DNS and port (attempted to other host too) – by name and by address
    – Flushed/reset Interenet, IPConfig’s, winsocks 4/6 even disabled ipv6
    – Same error regardless if running LocalHost or to a Server
    – Increased Timeout
    – Ran various Malaware, tests, cleaners etc.
    – We also host some other non .net products (vb6) that run the older xceedftp.dll to same ftp connections – no problems with those applications

Code snapshot:
    With FtpClient
    ‘logging can occur here
    .PassiveTransfer = True ‘client side initiates transfer
    .Timeout = 60
    .Connect(Me.FTPAddressDNS, Me.FTPPort) ‘ß—-*BOMBS HERE – throwsXceed.Ftp.FtpException
    .Login(Me.FTPLoginPrimary, Me.FTPPasswordPrimary)
    .RepresentationType = RepresentationType.Binary
    End With

References : 1.0.103.0 Xceed.ftp.dll

Herewith the error:

FtpClient.Connect throws:

[
    Xceed.Ftp.FtpIOException was caught
    Message=An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server.
    Source=Xceed.Ftp
    StackTrace:
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpEngine.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteAddress)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpEngine.Connect(String hostName, Int32 port)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.ConnectFtpCommand.SendCommandString(FtpEngine engine)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.AtomicFtpCommand.Execute(FtpEngine engine)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.ConnectFtpCommand.Execute(FtpEngine engine)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpEngine.ExecuteCommand(FtpCommand command)
    at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.Connect(ConnectFtpCommand command)
    at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.Connect(String hostName, Int32 port)
    at AF_System.frmActivityUpdate.Connect() in C:\Project Files\AF Project Files on Chandler-win\AF_Classes\AF_System\frmActivityUpdate.vb:line 1814
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    ErrorCode=10014
    Message=The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call 66.185.19.155:21
    NativeErrorCode=10014
    Source=System
    StackTrace:
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocetAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpEngine.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteAddress)
    InnerException:

]

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hello,

support@xceed.com will answer this – the forums aren’t open yet. Still working on importing existing content.

Odi

Mattd [Xceed]
    Keymaster

Forums are live now, did you get an answer to your question?

Cheers !

ignusfast
    Participant

We’re encountering the same issue, and only on one particular server. A similar software configuration on a different server works. Research has indicated that this is most likely the result of IPv4 code trying to use an IPv6 address, but I only want to force IPv4 as a last resort, since it requires a server reboot.

Any suggestions?

Exception: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server., Inner Exception: The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call

[Stack Trace: at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommandChannel.BeginConnect(IPEndPoint localAddress, IPEndPoint remoteAddress, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.ConnectFtpCommand.BeginExecute(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommand.Execute(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel)
    at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.Connect(String hostName, Int32 port)
    [Inner Stack Trace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalBind(EndPoint localEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnectEx(EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean flowContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Utils.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommandChannel.BeginConnect(IPEndPoint localAddress, IPEndPoint remoteAddress, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)]

ignusfast
    Participant

Actually, we went ahead and ran the Microsoft fixit to prefer IPv4 and rebooted the server, and it didn’t help. I’m at a loss, since I don’t control the code… Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.