Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms vertical scroll for large row

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15982 |

Is there a way to have a smooth vertical scroll. By default, the grid appears to scroll by row. It moves the top row away and inserts a bottom row. My problem arises when the current row has so much text that it is larger than the grid itself. When I scroll, the whole row goes away and is replaced by the next row(s). I can never view all the text.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kerri (had 2370 views)

Xceed Support

No, there is no “smooth” scrolling with the grid.

As a workaround, you could limit the width of the cell to be smaller than the grid itself and make the text wrap to the next line using the AutoHeightMode.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 2633 views)

User (Old forums)

I have the same problem. I have a DetailConfiguration (subgrid) which has one row and one column for a Notes field. This field can get quite large and sometimes is bigger than the area this grid is located in.

As a temporary solution, I put the grid into a <Scrollviewer> and let it autosize itself, using the scrollbar of the scroll viewer to scroll smoothly. This is not the best solution, however, because the column headers are no longer static at the top of the grid.

The column headers disappearing when the user scrolls down is ok in my case, but I need the user to be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll down, and the grid is catching and suppressing this event instead of sending it to its parent, the scroll viewer.

Does anyone know of a good solution for allowing the mouse wheel to work in a container hosting an xceed grid?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dwight (had 639 views)

User (Old forums)

Same problem here. Even if all of the text can be read it’s a bit of a sloppy clunky feeling as the grid is scrolled vertically.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Daniel (had 842 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.