Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms trapping event of grouping/sorting by column headers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #14237 |

hello,

I am interested in measuring the time and performance of the grouping and sorting functionality of the Xceed Grid. I need a way to trap the event of dragging and dropping the column header to group by that field, as well as clicking on the column header to sort that field. i Have about 9k records to test and its important for me to know the amount of time it takes with a large dataset.

Does anyone have any suggestions or methods or functions I can look at in order to do this. Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sgkatz05 (had 3461 views)

User (Old forums)

There is no built-in event that will allow you to do this. The measure the grouping performance, you can simply change the GroupTemplate to the grouping you want and then call UpdateGrouping. It is during the UpdateGrouping that the Grid will update itself to the new “grouping”.

As for the sorting, you can change the SortedColumns, doing this will trigger the grid to “re-sort” itself.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 3053 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I am trying to handle column drop event on group control. Is there any workaround to handle it?? i tried PreviewMouseLeftButton event but it didnt worked.

sugges me a way to handle the grouping event.

Regards,

Raju

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Raju (had 293 views)

Xceed Support

You have to use the HeaderRows collection to get to the GroupManagerRow (which is the row used to manage the group).  You can do this in the GroupAdded event also.

e.g.:

private void gridControl1_GroupAdded(object sender, GroupAddedEventArgs e)
        {

}

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Michel [Xceed] (had 1282 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.