Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms summaryrow statfunction.sum and strings (need to have both)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #14452 |

Hi all,

I have a grid which has rows representing different employees with their salary payables/deductibles in the columns. The columns are generated dynamically at runtime as different departments have different payables/deductibles — the columns are not known until the grid is actually generated.

Now, I need to display these payables/deductibles properly formatted with thousands separators, but I also need to have a summary row totalling the different payables/deductibles for all employees.

Obviously summary rows dont work with columns of String type, but is there an elegant solution to this problem?

Like mentioned earlier, the columns names or the number of columns are not known until the grid is actually generated so I am not doing the totals myself in code.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by corsair_moran (had 1968 views)

User (Old forums)

You have two choices. 1- Make you columns have the right data type, so that SummaryRow will be able to process them, or 2- Handle the totals yourself.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3036 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.