Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms stack column results on top of each other…?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #13101 |

Hi,

I’ve been working with Grid for a day or so now, and would like to find a way to stack results vertically without grouping them.

Example:

My result set contains four columns: Name, Date, City, Zip.

I would like to display the Name field across the top of the Date, City, and Zip fields, like so:

Name runs across this line…
    Date here City here Zip here

Of course, this layout should repeat down for each record.

I imagine this is possible, and I’m just not seeing how to make it work in the Designer…

Thanks!

Art

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by artwait (had 1787 views)

Xceed Support

By default, the grid does not support multiple column headers however you can simulate the behavior by creating your own <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/CustomColumnManagerRow.txt”>custom column manager row</a> .

You can then use your custom ColumnManagerRow rather than the one included with the grid :

gridControl1.FixedHeaderRows.Insert( 0, new CustomColumnManagerRow( gridControl1.Columns.Count / 2 ) );
    gridControl1.FixedHeaderRows.Insert( 1, new CustomColumnManagerRow( gridControl1.Columns.Count / 4 ) );

columnManagerRow1.AllowColumnReorder = false;

Keep in mind that you must disable column reordering when using this custom ColumnManagerRow.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 2993 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.