Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET self-extracting zip needs distribute xcdsfx32.bin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19834 |

Hi,

I am creating an application that will allow our business users to zip up files into a self-extracting zip file. That file is then sent out to our job site to be used by people in the field. My understanding of the syntax for creating a new XceedSfxPrefix is as follows:

Dim sfx As New XceedSfxPrefix(New DiskFile(“C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\Sfx\xcdsfx32.bin”))

If that is the case then our business users will need to have access to xcdsfx32.bin and yet this file is not on the list of files that are allowed to be redistributed.

How am I to distribute my application without breaking any licensing agreement? Am I misunderstanding what the xcdsfx32.bin is used for, is there some other syntax I can use or some other file?

Below is a sample how my application code looks to add clearification. Thanks!

Dim zip As New ZipArchive(New DiskFile(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory & “\myziptest.exe”))
    Dim sfx As New XceedSfxPrefix(New DiskFile(“C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\Sfx\xcdsfx32.bin”))

sfx.DialogStrings(DialogStrings.Title) = “Some title here”
    sfx.DefaultDestinationFolder = “C:\”
    sfx.ExistingFileBehavior = ExistingFileBehavior.OverwriteOlderOnly
    sfx.ExecuteAfter.Add(Xceed.Zip.Sfx.Variables.DestinationFolder & “\\myexe.exe”)

zip.BeginUpdate()
    zip.SfxPrefix = sfx

zip.EndUpdate()

Dim zipFile As New DiskFile(“C:\Source\myexe\bin\Debug\myexe.exe”)
    zipFile.CopyTo(zip, True)
    zipFile = New DiskFile(feFile)
    zipFile = New DiskFile(backupFile)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 3728 views)

Xceed Support

You can distribute the xcdsfx32.bin file.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 3447 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.