Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms seeking mileage chart advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #15555 |

Hello, I’m looking for some advice on how to generate a specific type of chart — what I’ve seen most often as a mileage chart at the front of a road atlas. I’ll attempt to describe it here.

The grid is triangular in nature — with the highest column on the left and a single cell column at the right, and each column is one cell shorter than the one to its left in stair-step fashion. In this way, a city is listed once and can be cross-referenced to all other cities.

Each city’s name appears directly to the right of its highest column cell, so the top city name appears in “cell” 1,2 and the second city name appears in “cell” 2,3, etc.

The problem I’m running into is that the Xceed Grid is, in fact, a “grid” so when I put a long city name into a cell, I can either widen the cell to show the whole city name (and this destroys the nice box mileage grid) or I can force cells to a certain width and truncate the cell text.

And advice on how I should approach creating this style of chart with my Xceed Grid? I am using Grid 3.0 for .NET.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 3269 views)

User (Old forums)

Havent checked but, isnt there a way to rotate the header text ?

If not, maybe custom measure/paint the headers in a rotated fashion ?

Anyone out there have done it and wants to share with him ?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by DarkByte (had 356 views)

User (Old forums)

I don’t need rotation necessarily. And, in fact, I’ve created rotated text with help from this forum. What I need is the ability to merge cells (I’m talking in Excel terms here I suppose.)

If I have a 10×10 Xceed grid, then the row layout would be:

row1: col1 col2-10
    row2: col1 col2 col3-10
    row3: col1 col2 col3 col4-10

row10:col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 col7 col8 col9 col10

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 218 views)

User (Old forums)

Trimming?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 204 views)

User (Old forums)

We have to samples that may help you achieve cell merging. I think the first is probably more what you’re looking for. You would need to modify it so it mergers more or less cells depending on the level at which the row is being created.

<a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/CellMerging.zip”>CellMerging.zip</a&gt;

<a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/MergeCellSample.zip”>MergeCellSample.zip</a&gt;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4574 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.