Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Rowspan via groupping in datagridcontrol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44039 |

Hi,

I am attempting to emulate rowspan in single column via groupping. Basically I need a few cells to be spanned across several rows. In source data, I have integer groupId, which is distinct for each simple row, but it contains the same value for spanned cells row. I tried to bind groups to this value, but I faced following problems:
    – The control is trying to reorder items based on groupping value. I am 100% sure the groups will be consective, but I don’t want reordering as the groupping id changes (it is dynamical)
    – The group header is drawn. I want to get rid of everything visual related to groups
    – I cannot find a way to merge cells in single column within one group. Is there a Style or Template that can accomplish that?

Thanks in advance for solutions.

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

The Xceed DataGrid for WPF doesn’t support merging cells. Regarding your other inquiries, could you send me a simple stand alone sample project which reproduces the issue so that I could have a closer look. You may send it: support@xceed.com

geetap@gmail.com
    Participant

I achieved merging cells by using detail grids. Eg: Parent grid having 4 columns and child grid having 2 or 3 columns. I had to format them but at least it looks like the cells are merged. I set all the margins for the detail grids as invisible.

Diane [Xceed]

The Xceed DataGrid for WPF now supports cell merging through the new SpannedCells added in v6.4.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.