Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF row onclick event handling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #22594 |

Hi Exceed Datagrid team,

Its a great software you are providing on WPF. I am evaluating it to use it for one of my project requirement. I have this requirement to achieve with your datagrid:

I need to write some code in the onclick event of a row in the datagrid. Basically I need to open a pop up and I need to populate details in the pop up window based on the selected row of the datagrid.

Can you please tell me how to achieve the above requirement?

btw, Is paging is available with your datagrid?

Thanks in advance!
    Bhupathi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bhupathi (had 1966 views)

Xceed Support

To achieve what you are looking for, there are multiple ways…

The easiest would be to replace the DataRow template and place the popup inside that template… This way, it is easy for the popup to have access to the DataRow’s data.

Now, for the clicking requirement, you can do that by adding a class handler for the PreviewMouseDown or MouseDown events on the DataRow class or by specifying a handler on the root element of your new template.

Finally, concerning paging. Paging (dynamic loading of data ) is not implemented directly in the DataGridControl but we support any data sources… The minimum requirement is to implement IEnumerable… (so we do support paging data sources).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 3045 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.