Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms performance of Xceedgrid

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #13563 |

XCeedgrid claims in their web site that grid is faster than MS DataGrid.. to give u a little back ground we develop real time trading applications and updates are very huge but we do lot of optimization before the data is delivered to client… right now we have been using one of well-known third party vendor grid.. it is a data bound grid and binded to a datatable that contains 50 columns and 80 rows… but updates are very frequent

the performance of this third party grid is very terrible for example it shoots up to 80% cpu usage (IBM P-IV 2.0 Ghz) and mosto fth time is in that range… so out of frustration we designed and tweaked MS Grid and MS grid uses about 20-30% cpu .. obviously MS Grid lacks several intelligence but inspite of that it easily outperforms

as i have seen the client list of Xceed and most of the them are financial clients so want to get a feel of other people experience who have designed trading applications.. how is the performance of Databound Xceedgrid ? does it perform well in a heavy update scenario.. another note is once our grid is populated with 80 rows there is no more insertion so it is always a update ..

Regards
    Yogi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by yogi (had 681 views)

User (Old forums)

I have no idea about the performance of Xceed Grid in a heavy update scenario, but its general performance is excellent. The fact that you’re only updating, and not inserting, is a great advantage. The good thing about Xceed Grid is that it’s very extensible. This means you can tweak almost every element for your specific needs.
    Our applications use the grid a lot, but I’ve managed to tweak the grid (custom rows, custom cells, …) to make it a lot faster for our situation.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tommy (had 179 views)

User (Old forums)

Yogi,

This is probably a bit late but I’ve been deveoping such an application. They way we’ve done it is to create our own data binding middle component and thread the updates to the dataset on one thread and then updates to the grid on the main UI thread. The performance is not bad but it’s complicated to implement and there is not a huge deal of information out and around relating to custom complex data binding.

Hope this helps.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 3333 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.