Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls ow to Dock a Single Tool Window to an MDI Parent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18046 |

Hi all,

Is it possible to have only one tool window docked to a MDI parent?

The “Imaging” sample that accompanies the DockingWindows component has an XML layout file that contains 3 tool windows.

I have modified the XML layout file for my application to only load one tool window but I get exceptions, that make it look like it wants more tool windows.

Can anyone help me out here?

regards,

Mac

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dominic (had 2253 views)

User (Old forums)

Further update….

I have got part of the way and am able to start my application with a single toolwindow, however there are two issues:

1. The MDI child windows are actually behind the toolwindow tab, therefore obscuring part of the child window.

2. When I close the application I receive the exception “The layout being removed is not part of the group”. Is this because I have not declared a Vertical or Horizontal group in my layout file? When I do this, it requires at least two elements (Xceed – is there a reason for this limitation?). As a result of this problem on closing, it is not possible to save the layout.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to solve either of these issues? Following is what I currently have in my XML layout file:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <DockingWindowsLayout>
    <ToolWindows>
    <ToolWindow key=”MenuTool” state=”AutoHide” visible=”True” />
    </ToolWindows>
    <DockHost width=”1345″ height=”947″>
    <ToolWindow key=”MenuTool” width=”288″ height=”947″ />
    </DockHost>
    <FloatingWindows />
    </DockingWindowsLayout>

regards,

Mac

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dominic (had 3176 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.