Home Forums WPF controls Xceed Toolkit Plus for WPF Metro Dark Theme with AvalonDock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #43766 |

Hello,

I am completely stumped.

I am creating an out-of-the-box WPF application. I reference the avalondock assemblies that come with the trial version of toolkit plus for wpf and add a dockmanager, etc. to the main view.

I can’t figure out how to use the dark theme that comes in the xceed.wpf.avalondock.themes.metroaccent assembly. How do I apply this theme?

Thank you for your help!

-Andy

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi Andy,

There is an example in the LiveExplorer of the Toolkit, sample : Theming/AvalonDockControls, available here : http://forums.xceed.com/xceed-toolkit-plus-for-wpf/.

Reference the following dlls :
    -Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.dll
    -Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes.MetroAccent.dll
    -Xceed.Wpf.Themes.dll
    -Xceed.Wpf.Themes.Metro.dll

Here’s how in code-behind :
    var darkAvalonTheme = new Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes.MetroAccentTheme( new Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes.MetroAccent.AvalonDockMetroDarkThemeResourceDictionary( Brushes.Green ) { LicenseKey = “XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX” } );
    _dockingManager.Theme = darkAvalonTheme;

But make sure to set the licenseKey or it won’t work, without throwing an exception. We have opened a case for this to throw an exception, in the future, if the license is not set.

AndyB
    Participant

Fawzi,

Thank you very much for your reply! I’ve got it now!

So, when using the demo, is there a Demo LicenseKey that I should use?

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi Andy,

No, there is no demo license-key. Rather, you can use your trial license key to run the demo, or any other project.

badoo
    Participant

Hi,
    where can you find the Trial License Key?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.