Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF features comparision with xceed grid for .NET

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #22033 |

Do you have feature comparision chart between xceed for .NET and for WPF? I am starting the new project using WPF but like features in .NET version such as Fixed columns, Printing, Reporting,…

Any plan to have all features from .NET version implemented for WPF and What is the time frame?

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Henry (had 4051 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi,

Here’s a list of things that the Windows Forms data grid still holds over the WPF data grid. We’ll be working on many of these items over the coming year. For a timetable, you’ll have to check back in these forums in a few weeks, as we’ll likely be posting which ones are coming out in the short term. Here are the major items that the Windows Forms grid has that v1.0 of the WPF grid does not:

– Fixed columns
    – Print/Print Preview
    – Reporting, PDF and Multi-page Tiff export
    – Export to Excel
    – Master/Detail support
    – Summary row, with statistical functions
    – Design-time support (Requires VS Orcas anyway)
    – Suite of cell editors
    – Real-time scrolling

Can we take it your vote for the first ones to add is for Fixed columns, printing and reporting?

What do you think of XPS, by the way?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 443 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you very much for a prompt reply. XPS is excellent. My required features ordered as follow
    – Master/Details
    – Summary row, statistical functions
    – Reporting
    – Print/Print Review
    – Fixed Columns
    – Suite of cell editors

Considering above list is my vote. Currently we are in design phase. We do not need the datagrid for another couple months. Hopefully we might have at least Master/Details and Summary features in place.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Henry (had 486 views)

User (Old forums)

While we’re voting, I like the summary row and statistical functions (on group level especially) and real time scrolling as well 😉

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by M (had 630 views)

User (Old forums)

My take on that feature list:

– Fixed columns

Yep.

– Print/Print Preview
    – Reporting, PDF and Multi-page Tiff export
    – Export to Excel

Nope – I think this is something you can better build into your data through another component, it doesn’t belong in a grid.

– Master/Detail support

I think the grid should be able to “support” this in that it should be one of many ways to create a custom row in the grid (using a styled Expander with another grid inside, for example). If the grid is flexible enough to have any kind of custom row you might like to create then master/detail can be one of these that you add yourself.

– Summary row, with statistical functions

No thanks – do this in the data, not the view.

– Design-time support (Requires VS Orcas anyway)

This wouldn’t be high priority.

– Suite of cell editors

This would be good, plus a way to create custom controls but to re-use the theme (e.g., a custom TextBoxCell that looked like the original). Something I wish one could provide is a custom IValueConverter to the cell editors easily (i.e., as part of the column definition).

– Real-time scrolling

Not sure what this means?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Paul (had 493 views)

Xceed Support

Just to clarify you last question Paul, real-time scrolling refers to the fact that when you drag the ScrollBar’s thumb to scroll the content of the data grid control, the content of the grid is not refreshed live when moving the thumb but when you drop the thumb.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 4121 views)

User (Old forums)

I would like to know if this functions had been added to the Xceed WPF grid V2.0 or if they still in the waiting list.

Specially I’m interested in the Export to Excel and the Print Preview functionalities.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Harold (had 1069 views)

User (Old forums)

I am curious…

What additional Master / Detail support the .net grid has that the wpf grid doesn’t have?

Also what components does the .net grid have that the wpf doesn’t have?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 506 views)

Xceed Support

The major feature that the WinForms grid has that the WPF grid does not is export to Excel support and the ability to generate reports. The Migrating from Xceed Grid for .NET topic in the documentation may also help to list the differences in the products.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 1669 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.