Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #17901 |

Hello all,

Recently updated xceed components trying to fix a problem, and now all the SmartUI controls are gone!!

The Grid (which is why we upgraded) is working fine, but all the SmartUI controls on all forms are gone.
    When a new form is created, and a SmartUI control is dragged to the new form, I receive and error “exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”

I’ve removed all the references and added them back in manually, tried removing the items from the add/remove on the toolbar, same result…

Help!!

It seems like everything’s ok, just that the controls are looking in the wrong place, aren’t referenced right or something I’m missing, to get them to work…

Thanks in advance!

-Gregg

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ghartt (had 5183 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Gregg,

This might be a version problem. In your solution explorer, if you open the references folder, do the references to the SmartUI assemblies have a yellow exclamation point? If so, then you will need to update your references since the SmartUI assemblies were most likely updated at the same time that you updated the grid.

I hope this helps!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 429 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Jenny, here’s what I received from support this morning:

There is an issue with our latest XceedComponents.exe package. It does not install into the Global Assembly Cache the Xceed Smart UI for .NET dlls. We will fix this issue and release a new component package. In the mean time, you can add yourself the dlls to the GAC.

Here are the needed steps to add them to the GAC:

1. Start->Control Panels->Administrative tools->Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration.

2. Click on “Manage the assembly cache”

3. Click on “Add an assembly to the assembly cache”

4. Add Xceed.SmartUI.Controls.dll, Xceed.SmartUI.Design.dll, Xceed.SmartUI.dll and Xceed.SmartUI.UIStyle.dll.

5. Close Visual Studio and open it back.

You should now be able to use Xceed Smart UI for .NET.

I apologize for any inconveniance this may have caused you.

Hope you guys get this fixed in the next release…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ghartt (had 524 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Gregg,

I am glad to see that the support department has provided you with a solution and I am certain that the issue will be corrected with the next package.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 4879 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.