Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms custom user control doesn’t get mouse events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17254 |

I created a custom user control and a new CellViewerManager to use it in my grid.

My user control is made of several controls, one being a PictureBox.  The PictureBox handles it’s Click event and displays a MessageBox.

This works as expected outside of the grid.

But inside the grid, the PictureBox never gets any mouse events when I click it.

I understand that I can subscribe to each grid cell’s Click event, but then in the handler for those I’d have to pass the event to my user control.  Assuming that’s what I had to do, I implemented that, but then I’ve got a Click event at the UserControl level and I don’t know how to route it to the controls containing within it. (Aside from doing the math)

Am I missing something?  Is there a better implementation for what I’m trying to do?  I’m happy to basically start over if it helps.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buzz (had 622 views)

User (Old forums)

As I experiment more, I’m seeing that my UserControl’s controls ARE getting their mouse events when CellEditorManager is used.

I guess Viewers just don’t get mouse events.  Maybe I shouldn’t even be using the CellViewerManager or CellEditorManager.

I just want to view the data, never edit it.  But still be able to click on my controls.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buzz (had 244 views)

User (Old forums)

Is this product supported any more?  This forum seems dead.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buzz (had 1003 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.