Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 compress byte[] in .NET and Decompress with Poco::InflatingInputStream in C++

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #42426 |

Hi Xceed Developers and Users.

how can I compress byte[] with your components and decompress it using Poco::InflatingInputStream ?!?

enum StreamType
        {
            STREAM_ZLIB,
            STREAM_GZIP,
            STREAM_ZIP // ZIP is handled as STREAM_ZLIB, except that we do not check the ADLER32 value (must be checked by an outside class!)
        };

Poco support this methods and I can’t Decompress your deflated byte arrays with STREAM_GZIP and others.

Can u suggest a way to do ?!?

Thanks in Advance

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by david (had 1776 views)

Xceed Support

Hi David,

Have you tried decompressing the compressed byte array using STREAM_ZIP instead? What is the issue you have observed?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 325 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your reply.

I solved the previous problem. I Think Exceed is powerful compression library. I have a newer problem now. I Can compress with Xceed.Compression.QuickCompression(CompressionMethod.Deflate, CompressionLevel.Highest) and decompress with Poco::InflatingInputStream but I can not compress with Poco::DefaltingOutputStream and decompress it with Xceed. Current linked Poco::DeflatingOutputStream compress with zlib 1.2.1 and Compression level Z_BEST_COMPRESSION = 9. when i try to decompress it with Xceed it throw new CompressionException(“Expected end of stream not found”). when this problem is solved I try to buy Xceed.Compression Library.

Please Help Me,

Thanks In Advance,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by david (had 379 views)

Xceed Support

Hi David,

The ZLib “format” is not exactly standard. There could be variations between implementations.

Try using the ZLibCompressedStream class instead of QuickCompression.

Documentation:
    http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/Xceed.Compression.Formats~Xceed.Compression.Formats.ZLibCompressedStream.html

For the best interoperability, it is best to use the GZip format. That format is standard and implemented the same way across most libraries. Use the GZipCompressedStream for that.

Documentation:
    http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/Xceed.Compression.Formats~Xceed.Compression.Formats.GZipCompressedStream.html

Example:
    http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/StreamingComponent_Decompressing_a_byte_array.html

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 1965 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.