Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF changing cell content text alignment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #25939 |

Hi group, sorry for the really dumb question, but I cannot find a clear example about this: what’s the easiest way of changing text alignment in a specific data cell? I’d like to use the default templates for both display and edit, and just change text alignment (all cells just have a text content). I suppose I should create a style like:

<Style x:Name=”centeredCell” TargetType=”{x:Type xcdg:DataCell}”>
    <Setter Property=”HorizontalContentAlignment” Value=”Center”/>
    </Style>

etc for other alignments, but then how can I specify in XAML that this style must be applied to a SPECIFIC column? All the samples I’ve found just change the style for the whole target type, while I’d like to have a simple data grid like:

<xcdg:DataGridControl AutoCreateColumns=”False”>
    <xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”DummyField1″ Title=”one” Width=”50″ />
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”DummyField2″ Title=”two” Width=”50″ />
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”DummyField3″ Title=”three” Width=”50″ />
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl>

where DummyField1 text contents should be aligned left, DummyField2 text should be aligned centered, and DummyField3 text should be aligned right. Given that I create 3 named styles for these alignments, what’s the XAML code to tell each column to use a different style for its data cells?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mathetes (had 3043 views)

Xceed Support

You can use the CellContentTemplate property of a column to change how the content of a cell is displayed or you can add a trigger to your style that only applies the style to the DataCells that have a specific fieldname/parent column.

We currently have a feature request to add a CellStyle property.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 253 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you, so by now I’ll go with something like (maybe this can be useful to some other reader):

<xcdg:Column FieldName=”MyField” Title=”a right-aligned cell” Width=”250″>
    <xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
    <TextBlock Text=”{Binding}” TextAlignment=”Right”/>
    </DataTemplate>
    </xcdg:Column.CellContentTemplate>
    </xcdg:Column>

Do you have any hint on new version release date? We’d like to purchase a subscription as soon as most of the requested features come out…
    Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mathetes (had 550 views)

Xceed Support

We are putting the final touches on version 2.0 and it <b>should</b> be released sometime next month.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 4153 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.