Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms cannot raise keydown events in DataGrid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #14562 |

I hav a datagrid on a Windows Desktop application and the grid will hav an empty row at the bottom. When the user keys in the first character in any of the columns in the last row I need to add an additional row to the grid.

The datagrid has unbound columns and I am populating the rows into the datagrid from the code behind.

I am tryin to use the Keydown event for each of the column in the grid as follows (I hav 3 columns in the datagrid.)

Private Sub celldataRowTemplate1Column1_KeyUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles celldataRowTemplate1Column1.KeyDown

If Me.GridControl1.DataRows.IndexOf(Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow) = Me.GridControl1.DataRows.Count – 1 Then

MsgBox(“Last row key down”)

End If

End Sub

Private Sub celldataRowTemplate1Column1_KeyUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles celldataRowTemplate1Column2.KeyDown

If Me.GridControl1.DataRows.IndexOf(Me.GridControl1.CurrentRow) = Me.GridControl1.DataRows.Count – 1 Then

End If

End Sub

Private Sub celldataRowTemplate1Column1_KeyUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles celldataRowTemplate1Column3.KeyDown

End If

End Sub

The event is not being raised. Any suggestions ???

regards

Kishore

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kvanapal (had 2072 views)

User (Old forums)

You need to subscribe to the cell editor, and not the column. Use the ActivatingControl event to accomplish this :

In form load before loading the data :

gridControl1.Columns[ 1 ].CellEditorManager.ActivatingControl += new CellEditorEventHandler(CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl);

gridControl1.Columns[ 1 ].CellEditorManager.DeactivatingControl += new CellEditorEventHandler(CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl);

Events :

private void CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl(object sender, CellEditorEventArgs e)
    {
    ( ( Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox )e.Control).TextBoxArea.KeyUp += new KeyEventHandler(TextBoxArea_KeyUp);
    }

private void CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl(object sender, CellEditorEventArgs e)
    {
    ( ( Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox )e.Control).TextBoxArea.KeyUp -= new KeyEventHandler(TextBoxArea_KeyUp);
    }

private void TextBoxArea_KeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
    {
    System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( “in editor KeyUp” );
    }

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3183 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.