Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 XceedZip(V5.2.0.0) Concurrency and BasePath Issues – Generating an additional ‘New Volume Information’ file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #42468 |

Hello,

I am facing issues with concurrent zip generation using XceedZip (V 5.2.0.0). I am getting COM exceptions from the XceedZip Library.

I was using Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(folderpath) to set the folder path. Since it is a shared path, I started getting different COM exceptions each time i execute it concurrently. Later I commented out SetCurrentDirectory and used BasePath to set the folder path. Now it started working without exceptions, but the generated zip is having an extra file called “New Volume Information”. While extracting the generated zip, I am getting error that zip is corrupted.

Our servers are 64 bit and client is 32 bit, i.e zipping is happening in 64 bit server and unzipping is required in 32 bit machine.

Also tried removing the ‘New Volume Information’ by setting property. That work inside 64 bit servers. i.e I was able to zip and unzip inside a 64 bit server. But the generated zip in 64 bit is not able to extract in client(32 bit). Can any one please help?

Regards,

Norbert John 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Norbert (had 1217 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Norbert,

The first thing I would suggest is to download the latest version of the component to see if the issue is still present when using those DLLs instead.

Please download the latest version here: http://xceed.com/ZIP_Download.html

In regards to your server being 64-bit and your client being 32-bit, that shouldn’t impact the zip file. The only thing I would like to clarify is that the Zip Compression Library can only work in 32-bit mode, meaning that your project must target “x86” and not “AnyCPU”.

If you want your project to run in 64-bit mode when in a 64-bit environment, you would want to use the Zip for x64 instead. Note that you would still need a version of your project that uses the Zip Compression Library for your 32-bit environment.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 986 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.