Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET XceedZib Library Warning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20488 |

We use 4.1 version of Xceedzip library to zip a file with following conditions,

·         Case1: A PDF or XML file inside one single folder.

·         Case2: Multiple PDF or multiple XML inside sub folders.

E.g.,     //ParentFolder/SubFolder1/adb.pdf

//ParentFolder/SubFolder2/acd.pdf

With the latest version of WinZip(version >14), case 2 throws a warning on opening the zip file.

Warning Message:

Winzip encountered problems during this operation.Would you like to view the details of the last operation showing the specific error encountered?

On the click of OK,we get the below warning in a pop-up

Warning: The zip file is read only. The file name in the archive is invalid and had to be fixed: /SubFolder2/acd.pdf.

Please let us know, will the latest version of XceedZiblib solve this issue. Please get back at the earliest.

Thanks,

Venkat

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Venkatesh Raja (had 998 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Venkatesh,

You posted in the Zip for .NET section, but from your post I think you are talking about the Zip Compression Library. Am I mistaken?

Also, yesterday we received the exact same question from someone else, which I assume is a coworker. If that is the case, please do not submit the same question multiple times like this, as it can cause us to end up doing the same work twice. Thank you for your understanding.

Here is the answer I already gave your coworker:

I have never heard of this issue, so I do not know if it is something that will be fixed by just upgrading to the latest version. My suggestion would be to download a trial of the latest version and simply test it out.

Xceed Zip for .NET
      http://xceed.com/ZIN_Download.html

Xceed Zip Compression Library
      http://xceed.com/ZIP_Download.html

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 914 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.