Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Xceed Zip using old license?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #19869 |

We are getting the error below when running a program which zips a large amount of data. We recently upgraded our older version of our xceed components, and according to the error it looks like it’s still trying to access the old version. I’ve removed the components in question from GAC, but I’m still getting the error. I’ve tried unregistering the old components, and reinstalling and re-registering the new ones, but I’m still getting this error.

You are using a v2.0 registered license key but are accessing the Zip64 format feature available in Xceed Zip for .NET v2.3 or higher.

Is there any way to completely remove the xceed footprint on the system, and start from scratch?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tim (had 3792 views)

Xceed Support

<i>”You are using a v2.0 registered license key but are accessing the Zip64 format feature available in Xceed Zip for .NET v2.3 or higher.”</i>

If you are using a license key with a lower version number than the feature you are trying to access, you will likely key an exception. This is one of the main purpose of our licensing system.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 235 views)

User (Old forums)

Fine, then how do I remove the license from my system. I’ve uninstalled and unregistered everything, and I’m still getting that error, so it must be finding the license somewhere in the registry.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tim (had 242 views)

Xceed Support

If you go into the Windows Registry Editor, you should find the license key at the following path:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\4507C5F2-9077-40DE-A621-64EC59BF6829\ZIN]

If the 2.0 key is still there, you can remove it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 4543 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.