Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Xceed.Zip.ZipHandler.RemoveZipHandler(ZipHandler handler) ; System.ArgumentNullException was unhandled ; "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: handler"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20284 |
    I’m getting the following exception: 

System.ArgumentNullException was unhandled
      Message=”Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: handler”
      Source=”Xceed.Zip”
      ParamName=”handler”
      StackTrace:
           at Xceed.Zip.ZipHandler.RemoveZipHandler(ZipHandler handler)
           at Xceed.Zip.ZippedFolder.Finalize()
      InnerException: 

This exception happens at some later time in execution after I try to create a ZipFolder() and I pass in an invalid zip from a MemoryFile.

I am using Xceed 2.0.116.0.  I’ve seen some forum entries that say you need to upgrade to version 3.2.  I tried using the latest version I could find on your website… 4.1.9616.13400… by copying those DLLs into the bin directory for my application.  I still get an error.  However, I’m not sure if those are really being used since I still have the 2.0.116 in my GAC.  I need to keep those there for other applications that are very dependent on that version.

Is there any way to handle this error, without having to upgrade to a newer Xceed DLL? 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 1740 views)

User (Old forums)

A little more surfing around the forums, and I found my exact problem posted back in 2004:

http://xceed.com/CS/forums/permalink/4354/4354/ShowThread.aspx#4354

Where I can find the patch for this specific issue?  The link in that forum post is no longer valid… and it doesn’t list an exact version that fixes this problem.  I removed the DLLs from my GAC and compiled with the newest DLL, then I either got an error about incorrect Xceed version or Invalid license key.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 1341 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.