Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21804 |

Just wondering if you guys have written an XSD file for your control so I can get intellisense in my XAML files?

If so, it’s not getting deployed! If not, do you plan or writing one?

Thanks
    Neil

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nmosafi (had 2599 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Neil,

Unfortunately, we did not have time to work on an XSD for Intellisense for the first release of the grid although this was something we had initially planned to do.

But now, our current plan is not to do it at all considering that the next release of Visual Studio will natively support Intellisense for XAML without relying on XSDs. This post from Rob Relyea (WPF Program Manager at Microsoft) gives some details:

http://rrelyea.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!167AD7A5AB58D5FE!695.entry

He sums it up like this: “[…] the Visual Studio team is planning on building a native XAML Editor…one that doesn’t use XSD, but instead just directly examines types in assemblies, etc… So, hopefully we can count the number of months that this will be useful on 1 (or maybe 2 hands)…”

If you (or any other DataGrid user reading this thread) still think that we should work on the XSD (instead of other features), please say so! If demand is high enough, we will consider adding this to the short-term schedule.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 285 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes I’m very much looking forward to that… I guess it’s just a case of whether we want to wait for the next release of Orcas to support that functionality or if we want now. Hopefully it won’t be too long. Also I suppose once I get used to and learn the Xceed grid it won’t matter too much, but it just makes it harder for new users to pick up!

As an aside I was actually thinking of writing a tool which would reflect an assembly and generate a primitive XSD from it – would have been quite useful I thought… however work commitments mean I have zero time to work on that kind of stuff 🙁

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nmosafi (had 3953 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.