Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Xceed Grid turns into Red X

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #17202 |

The Xceed Grid control is intermittently turning into a big, ugly red X.

Below is the error message and stack trace that I am getting. Please advise ASAP.

If we cannot resolve this issue we may be forced to remove the control from our software.

———————————————————————

An attempt was made to convert screen coordinates for an element that does not belong to a grid.

An attempt was made to convert screen coordinates for an element that does not belong to a grid

Stack Trace:

> at Xceed.Grid.VisualGridElement.PointToClient(Point point)

at Xceed.Grid.RowSelector.PaintBackground(GridPaintEventArgs e)

at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.PaintVisibleRows(VisibleRowList visibleRows, PaintEventArgs e)

at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.PaintGrid(PaintEventArgs e)

at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

——————-

Thanks,

Nick

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 2271 views)

User (Old forums)

this exception usually occurs in a multithreaded situation.  A Paint() occurs on the gridcontrol.  This causes a Paint() do be applied to the subelements.  If one of these visual elements is deleted before the paint is completed, this is the exception you will get.

This is not supposed to happen in a single thread application unless you are altering your data source. 

If you can send a sample application to us (as a zip archive) that reproduces the issue, we will be able to investigate.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1103 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I have similar error with Grid control in my application too and it does not look like this is a problem with multithreading in my case. Call stack is following:

System.OverflowException: Overflow error.
      at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
      at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
      at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.DrawVerticalGridLine(Graphics graphics, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 height, Int32 dashOffset)
      at Xceed.Grid.Cell.PaintBorders(GridPaintEventArgs e)
      at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.PaintVisibleCellsBorders(VisibleCellList visibleCells, PaintEventArgs e, Point actualClientPosition)
      at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.PaintVisibleRows(VisibleRowList visibleRows, PaintEventArgs e)
      at Xceed.Grid.PaintManager.PaintGrid(PaintEventArgs e)
      at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
      at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    My application is used by several clients on different computers, however only one client reported about such error and I cannot duplicate it on my devepment machine. Do you have any other ideas on what possibly can cause such error?

Thank You.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Andrew (had 328 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

the issue appeared only once or many times on your client’s computer?  The Xceed Grid for .NET lead developer has reviewed the exception stack trace and we have no idea of what could be causing the issue.  If you or your client could find a way to reproduce the issue, we could then investigate it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1005 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

This error appears every time application is launched on client’s computer. Sometimes it may appear immediately after app launch, sometimes in a few minutes after app launch. What other information I should provide you with to make it possible to identify what the problem is?

Thank You.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Andrew (had 1099 views)

User (Old forums)

Send us a sample application that reproduces the issue.  Send it at support@xceed.com and I will have a look at it.  (Don’t leave the “bin” and “obj” folders in the zip archive.)  If there is a sequence of operations that have to be reproduced, describe what do you.  Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1964 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.