Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Xceed Grid not installed properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #12818 |

Hello all,

I received the .NET 2.0 Grid today and installed it per your instructions, I previously had v1.1 installed on this machine as well.

using the toolbox it appears as though the only grid now available for the project is version 2.0, HOWEVER, when I drag a grid onto a newly created form, right-click it and choose about… from the context menu it displays version 1.1.

When I open your sample applications and do the same, it displays the correct version.

In moving forward with this project I only want to use the new version, and when time permits go back and replace all the v1.1.

Is there a way to fix this without having to uninstall v1.1 completely??

Help is needed and appreciated,

-Gregory Hartt
    ghartt@sdprodev.com

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ghartt (had 3438 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Gregory,

In short, your project is probably still referencing the old XceedGrid version 1.1
    assembly.

In more detail…

If you open your project and open the references node, you can find the reference to Xceed.Grid. The designer creates this reference the first time you add a grid control to one of the forms or user controls in your project. If you look at the properties for this reference, the version number probably starts with 1.1.

When you go to add a grid from the toolbox, the designer looks in the only place it knows of to find a grid control, and that’s in that referenced assembly, version 1.1.

If you remove the reference to the version 1.1 assembly, and add a reference to the version 2.0 assembly, the designer, and all of your code, will now look in the new assembly for the grid control, and you will have updated your entire project, and all of the grids in that project, in one small step.

Be careful if you want to do the upgrade to many projects in pieces, however. If you have project references between multiple projects in a solution, you’ll probably want to update all of the grid references at the same time, or you may encounter conflicts between projects. This is especially true if you use inherited forms that inherit across multiple projects.

Good luck!

~Christopher

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christopher (had 335 views)

User (Old forums)

Another quick related note that I just encountered…

I had some grids that I upgraded by adding the old reference and removing the new reference.

Unfortunately, when I tried to change the UIStyle of the grid, the generated code threw an exception, saying it couldn’t find the UIStyle namespace.

To remedy this, I also had to add a reference to the Xceed.Grid.UIStyle assembly. I would guess that if you add a new grid to a new project, the designer would add the UIStyle reference automatically, but it can’t really do it if for you update the old reference by hand.

~Christopher

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christopher (had 296 views)

User (Old forums)

That worked perfect Christopher thanks alot!!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ghartt (had 4567 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.