Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Xceed.Grid.Column.Initialize(string) inaccessible

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #13578 |

Hi,

I am getting this message when I compile: Xceed.Grid.Column.Initialize(string) is inaccessible due to its protection level. Has anyone ever seen it before? In the code I have that uses a bound grid it works, what I am writing however is unbound. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions why this is happening and whether or not I can just omit this call since my grid is unbound at design time?

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nathan (had 604 views)

User (Old forums)

This forum provided no use to me but if you email support directly you will get fast accurate results…Here is the answer to this in case anyone else has a similar problem:

Xceed.Grid.DataBoundColumn does have a public .Intialize method taking only a string as a parameter. However, the Xceed.Grid.Column does not have this .Intialize overload marked as public. This is why it gives you this error. When you use unbound columns and wish to Initialize them, you must do so by using the .Initialize method that is available to you… the one that takes in a string and a dataType.

Would look like this:

this.colName.Initialize(“colName”, System.Type.GetType(“System.String”));

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nathan (had 2852 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.