Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Xceed.Ftp.FtpIOException and System.Net.Sockets.SocketExcept

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #20788 |

I have connected and login my ftp server. But when i use “dir” and “get” command, exception coms.
    I can use “cd” command without exception.
    The proramme is your sample console ftp.

exception
    {“An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server’s data connection.”} System.Exception {Xceed.Ftp.FtpIOException}
    InnerException
    {“The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced”} System.Exception {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException}

stacktrace of two exceptions:
    Xceed.Ftp.FtpIOException:
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommandSequence.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.GetRawFolderContents(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel, ListFtpCommand listCommand)
    at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.GetRawFolderContents(String remoteFileMask, Boolean namesOnly)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Samples.ConsoleFtp.Application.DisplayFolderContents(String fileMask, Boolean namesOnly)
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.get_ConnectEx()
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnectEx(EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean flowContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Utils.Security.Ssl.SecureSocket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.PassiveFtpDataChannel.BeginConnect(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

what wrong?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by joe_lu (had 4297 views)

User (Old forums)

Can you confirm what version of Xceed Ftp for .NET you are using? Make sure that you have the latest version which is available here : <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/updates/”&gt; Update Center :</a>

Also, make sure that your server does support SSL or TLS in order to establish the connection.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 356 views)

User (Old forums)

I get the latest version of Xceed FTP for .Net(3.2).

I’m sure that ftp server support the SSL and TLS.

I can use the sample progamme of Xceed FTP Library, other ftp client also work well.

> TYPE A
    < 200 Type set to A.
    > PASV
    < 227 Entering Passive Mode (XX,XXX,XX,XX,XX,XXX)
    An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server’s data connection.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by joe_lu (had 288 views)

User (Old forums)

Can you try to set the DataChannelProtection to Private (or other protection level)? From what I understand, you are not getting the same exception that you first reported. The “An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server’s data connection” points to the data channel protection level being not set right.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4771 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.