Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Xceed FileSystem internal error while unzipping.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #19930 |

I got an internal error coming from Xceed’s FileSystem object. Source code below is…

[code]
    //License for the use of the Xceed’s components…
    Xceed.Zip.Licenser.LicenseKey = “###”; //Purchased License…

//Initialize variables…
    string sZipFilePath = sTmpDataDirPath + “\\” + sZipFilename;
    Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile oDiskFile = new Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile(sZipFilePath);
    Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive oZipArchive = new Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive(oDiskFile);
    Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFolder oDiskFolder = new Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFolder(sTmpDataDirPath);

//Unzip
    oZipArchive.CopyFilesTo(oDiskFolder, true, true);
    [/code]

The error message is …

–snip–
    An unexpected internal failure occurred in the FileSystem component, or one of its descendants.
    Type: Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile
    FullName: C:\My_Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\ABC_AutoTrader_DataConvertAndImport_Server_Package\Miscellaneous_Items\TmpDataFiles\20080318_bookitout_file.txt’
    –snip–

I’m using Xceed Zip for .NET w/ Self-Extractor v3.6 and unknown Xceed FileSystem version. I guess maybe it had to do with an almost 1 Gigabyte text file that was zipped. I only have license for v3.6 and don’t have license for v3.7.

So, is the source code to blame for this problem? If so then I’ll need a source code that works…

Thanks…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fletchsod (had 7250 views)

Xceed Support

Hi, would it be possible to get the whole exception and stack trace? Do you have enough space to unzip the content of the zip archive on the drive where the “sTmpDataDirPath” is located?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris [Xceed] (had 523 views)

User (Old forums)

I checked the hard disk and it showed I have 118 GB used space and 30.4 GB free space. Seem to be plenty of space for unzipping a 305 MB file into a 890 MB file.

I did the best I could with the StackTrace in Visual Studio. The .NET exception error stacktrace is displayed as …

–snip–
    at Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFolder.CopyFilesTo(FileSystemEvents events, Object userData, AbstractFolder destinationFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean replaceExistingFiles, Object[] filters)
    at Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFolder.CopyFilesTo(AbstractFolder destinationFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean replaceExistingFiles, Object[] filters)
    –snip–

with the “catch (Exception ex)” & “ex.StackTrace.ToString();” lines of code. The previous posting I made, the error message was from the “catch (Exception ex)” & “ex.Message.ToString()”.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fletchsod (had 299 views)

Xceed Support

After investigating with the given informations, we were still unable to reproduce the issue. Did you create the zip archive (using our tool, an other tool, …)? Are you able to open the archive with an other utility (winzip, …)? Would it possible to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>send us</a> a smaller version of the faulty archive to continue the investigation?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 339 views)

User (Old forums)

The zip archive was created by whatever zip utility by one of hte company we got the data from. I can try to ask what zip utility did they use. Yea, I’m able to open the archive with 2 of the other utilities but it can be slow. Not possible for me to send a smaller version because it is what I get from the other company. (AutoTrader.Com).

I can’t send an email with a 298 MB zipped file, so one way to make it possible is for me to upload the file to your server somewhere or something.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fletchsod (had 429 views)

Xceed Support

If you want, it would easier to continue this investigation through our <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>e-mail support</a>.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 332 views)

User (Old forums)

Okay… Now on with emailing to/from tech support… Just send an email recently with a web url address for you to download it from…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by fletchsod (had 6288 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.