Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Xceed FTP Time Out Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #21063 |

Hi,

I am using Xceed FTP component for uploading the files to FTP. I am getting the below error if the file size is more than 200 MB.

Error :  The FTP command execution time-out.

I am using FTPClient class to connect FTP site and i am using SendFile method to upload the file to FTP.

Help needed from any one.

Thanks

Makesh. R

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Makesh (had 6146 views)

User (Old forums)

At first sight, it resembles a firewall problem.

There are two channels opened when communicating with an FTP server.  A command channel, on which all commands are sent and received, and data channel, on which all the actual data (files) are transfered.

The problem comes form the fact that while the file is being transfered on the data channel, nothing is being sent or received on the command channel.  If this goes on for a long period of time, the firewall, not seeing any data go through on the command channel, can close it, thinking it is not in use any more.  Therefore, when the server or the client wants to communicate on the command channel, it cannot do it since it is closed, thus the exception.

You can do one of two things.  Either setup the firewall so its timeout period is long enough, so it does not close the command channel while the transfer is still going on.

Or use the KeepAliveInterval property on FtpClient.  When this property is set, a NOOP command is sent on the command channel at the interval at which the property is set, which keeps the command channel active, so the firewall does not close it.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 528 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi André

There is no firewall set in the FTP.  If i set KeepAliveInterval property,  it can be disconnect automatically (If the file is being upload or download) when the time given in this property exceed.

Thanks

Makesh. R

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Makesh (had 579 views)

User (Old forums)

Not sure I understand your response.  Are you still having the issue or is it working?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 443 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Andre,

Still i am getting the same file.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Makesh (had 686 views)

User (Old forums)

The KeepAliveInterval property is not a timeout property, that is, when it is set, it will send a NOOP command at every interval to which it is set.  It is not a property that will disconnect the connection after the time set to it has passed.  So normally, you need to set it to a short time period, not a long one.  A long time period will not prevent the command channel from being closed.  So try to set it to a very short period, like 15 seconds, and see what happens.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4801 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.