Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Xceed FTP / FileSystem / Abstract classes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #20698 |

Any idea when Xceed FTP 2.1 is released? We have a scenario where we want a replication service to treat FTP files and folders the same as local / UNC files and folders (and zips). AbstractFile / AbstractFolder are great for this. Is it worth me implementing my own Abstract FTP classes, or wait for the FTP release? Any pointers / examples for custom Abstract classes? We are using the Xceed Data Manipulation Suite…

Thanks,

Gavin

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by gfaux (had 3415 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

First, let me say that we’re happy to hear there are customers who would like to have this. The Xceed Filesystem extensions to Xceed FTP for .NET are scheduled for development but there are a couple of new .NET Data Manipulation products and updates that are ahead of it in line, which brings the Filesystem items to beyond Q4 2005. Therefore, not anytime soon.

I’ll ask Martin who already has some prototype code running, and see if its in a shareable state.

Odi

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 275 views)

User (Old forums)

I have a working prototype, but it’s lacking connection caching. Anytime an FtpFile or FtpFolder gets refreshed, a new connection is made to the FTP server.

If you’re willing to test this, I’d be glad to provide you with some beta assemblies. Simply contact <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail> with a link to this post, and I’ll send you the assemblies.

It’s cool to see interest in the FileSystem abstract model!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 219 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the swift response. Will do…

Gavin

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by gfaux (had 4316 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.