Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Xceed Equivalent to FTP "GET"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20639 |

I’m trying to port a current command line FTP program to Xceed FTP for .NET (VB.NET), and am curious what the equivalent of the command line “GET” is in Xceed?

We have a call that passes a BatchID in a GET call for a specific file, and I’m not sure how to convert to Xceed. So, for example, we have a FTP call that looks like the following:

get “LBX OUTBND TXFSLBX” ProcessFile.txt

How can is this written with Exceed?

Thanks
    Jason

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by JKard (had 2893 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Jason.

The tricky part about the FTP protocol and command-line client applications is that what you type is not necessarily what is sent on the wire.

My guess is that ‘get “LBX OUTBND TXFSLBX” ProcessFile.txt’ means “get the remote file called “LBX OUTBND TXFSLBX” and save it into file “ProcessFile.txt” in the working folder”. Then the analogy with Xceed FTP for .NET would be to call the ReceiveFile method like this:

<code> client.ReceiveFile( “LBX OUTBND TXFSLBX”, @”d:\path\ProcessFile.txt” );</code>

Maybe your command-line application has a debug mode which displays what is actually sent on the wire?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 200 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Martin,

I’ll give this a try and post back what my results are.

I’m not sure if the debug will reveal what’s being sent on the wire, but I’ll explore that as well and let you know what the results are.

Thanks for the quick response!

Jason

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by JKard (had 3914 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.